Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited (MKCL) has come up with a unique offering that teaches learners how to type, improve and test their typing speed. Its a unique blend of learning, teaching and later obtaining certificate for the same !
Features of this course are:
1. Complete Know how about Keyboard given
2. Thorough Technical Training done
3. Lots of Practice of small and large Paragraph typing
4. Everyday there is a speed test taken
5. Explanation of various types of Data Entry
6. Exposure to Data Handling
7. MKCL’s Certificate !
Following are the details and key points of MKCL’s MASTERING COMPUTER TYPING & DATA ENTRY course that will help you to understand the exact test design and over all implications:
- In this Computer Typing Speed Test, Text to be typed is provided in “Reference Text” area. The candidate needs to type this text in text box provided below the Reference Text.
- The line breaks automatically at the end of the line. You need not use the Enter key for line break.
- Corrections within the test duration are allowed and possible (using only backspace button). Text at the end of Test will be taken for evaluation.
- Current word to be typed is highlighted in the Reference Text area.
- Word-to-word mapping is displayed between the reference text and text you are typing. When a character or group of character is typed and space is pressed it is marked as single word.
- “Net Words per Minute” is considered for the Certification Criteria.
- Following details are provided on the Right hand side of the screen:
a. Font settings (Increase or Decrease)
b. The Timer shows the remaining time. Once the time is up typing or editing the text is not allowed. It is mandatory to utilize the total time provided. In case the test is ended before the total time then Typing Speed will be calculated based on Total Time allocated for the Test.
c. Gross Words per Minute (Refer the formula below for more details on calculation).
d. Errors : Count of incorrect words
a. Gross Words per Minute (GWPM) = (Total Characters Typed / 5) / Total Time
b. Net Words per Minute (NWPM) = ((Total character Typed – Total Incorrect Characters) / 5) / Total Time
a. Net Words per Minute is considered for Certification criteria.
b. In above calculations one word is considered of 5 characters. Hence, Total Characters are divided by 5 for GWPM and NWPM.
c. In NWPM formula, Total Incorrect characters are equal to total characters of incorrect words typed. For example: – Candidate has typed “Knowlefgee” instead of “Knowledge” then total incorrect characters will be counted as 10.